The green cousin of Salsa Fresca, Salsa Verde is typically made with tomatillos instead of tomatoes and tends to have a texture that is less chunky.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. tomatillos, cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt
- Blend tomatillos and cilantro until just combined. In a small bowl, add the tomatillo mixture and top with onion, jalapeño, and salt. Serve or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.