Salt crust should be used only for whole fish, not fillets or steaks.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole fish (2 lbs.)
- 4 lbs. coarse sea salt
- 1 lemon, halved
- Rinse and pat the fish dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour half of the salt into a rectangular glass casserole dish that is large enough to hold the whole fish. Set the fish on the salt. Then pour the rest of the salt over the fish to completely cover it, and pat the salt down.
- Bake in the hot oven for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven. Carefully break the salt off of the fish, removing as much salt as you can.
- Serve immediately, squeezing lemon juice over the fish.