Salted Caramel Turtle Cookies
Everyone has a sweet spot for turtle cookies, loaded with chocolate, pecans and caramel.
Serves: 20Prep: 1 hour 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder, plus 2 Tbsp., divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Pecan Pieces, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salted caramel syrup
- Using a mixer, beat the butter on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed. Beat in the sugars until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Turn the mixer on low and slowly beat until a very soft dough is formed. Beat in the milk on medium speed. The dough will be very sticky. Cover the dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips and pecan pieces together in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp. of dough and mold into a ball, and roll into the chocolate chips/pecans. Place balls onto each baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through but not overcooked.
- Melt the salted caramel sauce in the microwave and drizzle over the cookies.