These crispy, potato-filled triangles are excellent alone or served with mango chutney for a dipping sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 cup diced frozen potatoes
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper
- 18 wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Bring 3 cups water to a simmer and add the turmeric. Cook the potatoes in the liquid for 5 minutes, strain them, and lay them out in one layer to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, frozen peas, paprika, curry powder, cumin, coriander, salt, and lemon pepper to make filling.
- Lay the wonton wrappers flat on a work surface. Put 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle of each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with egg.
- Fold each wrapper over, corner to corner, to make a triangle encasing the filling. Press down on the outer edges with your fingers to seal.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or heavy pot to 365°F. Fry samosas in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.