Sandwich Cookie Cake Frosting
The best part of the sandwich cookie is the crème filling. A batch of this creamy frosting adds that beautiful layer of sweetness to your chocolate confection.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 1⁄2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened, heavy whipping cream
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl, using an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat vegetable shortening until light and fluffy. Slowly add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add salt, vanilla extract, and whipping cream, continuing to beat. Turn the electric mixer to high speed and beat until light and fluffy. Frost your cake.