Santa Fe Frittata
When you’re in the mood for eggs, serve up this scrumptious frittata packed with bell peppers and black bean veggie burgers.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa or sliced green onions, for topping
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, cook veggie burgers and bell peppers in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, turning patties once. Break burgers into bite-size pieces.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon oil over mixture in skillet. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat.
- As mixture sets, run spatula around edge of skillet, allowing uncooked portions of eggs to flow underneath. Continue cooking and lifting until mixture is almost set and the surface is moist.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Broil 4-5" from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is just set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with avocado, lime wedges, sour cream, salsa or green onions, if desired.