Santa Fe–Style Panini on Sourdough
A great thing about American cooking is the ability to combine ingredients in a variety of ways. Try anything!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices (1⁄4 inch thick) sourdough bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 8 slices Virginia ham
- 4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Lay out the bread on a cutting board.
- Whip the butter and mustard together and spread it on both sides of the bread. Stack the ham and cheese. Close sandwiches and brush with olive oil.
- Set grill pan over high heat.
- Place sandwiches on skillet and place a heavy pan on top to press sandwiches down, and grill until the bread is golden brown and the cheese melts.