Sati Babi (Filipino Pork Skewers)
These juicy roast pork skewers are wonderful with rice and plenty of fresh lime juice. You can marinate them for up to 24 hours, and they taste best when cooked on a charcoal grill.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. pork butt roast, cut into 1 1⁄2" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 3 medium limes, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine pork, cumin, coriander, oil, onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger. Turn to coat, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to high heat. Thread pork cubes onto skewers. Grill, turning often, until pork is cooked through and well browned, about 15 minutes. Rest 10 minutes before serving with lime wedges.