Saturday Morning Pancakes
Weekends were made for hot, fluffy pancakes. This tried-and-true recipe is great with any type of flour, and can be adapted for vegans by using nondairy milk and egg replacement powder.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Measure the flour, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix well and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- Place nonstick griddle or skillet on stove and turn heat to medium. Pour batter onto heated griddle. When pancake has bubbled on top and is nicely browned on bottom (approximately 2 to 4 minutes), flip over. Brown on second side another 2–3 minutes. If pancakes are browning too quickly, lower heat.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. Serve pancakes warm.