Saturday Morning Pancakes
Weekends were made for hot, fluffy pancakes. This tried-and-true recipe is great with any type of flour, and can be adapted for vegans by using nondairy milk and egg replacement powder.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⅓ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Measure the flour, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix well and let sit for 1–2 minutes to thicken.
- Place nonstick griddle or skillet on stove and turn heat to medium. Pour batter onto heated griddle. When pancake has bubbled on top and is nicely browned on bottom (approximately 2–4 minutes), flip over. Brown on second side another 2–3 minutes. If pancakes are browning too quickly, lower heat.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. Serve pancakes warm.