Saucy Sausage and Beef Meatballs
Add bold flavor to these crowd-pleasing meatballs by stirring up a sauce bursting with tomato, BBQ and red wine.
- 2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup hearty red wine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bottle hickory smoked BBQ sauce
- TABASCO® (optional)
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine sausage, beef, onion and garlic. Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place meatballs on a sheet pan and broil until brown, turning once.
- In large saucepan over low heat, combine marinara, BBQ sauce, wine and hot sauce. Add meatballs to sauce and simmer until ready to serve.