Sausage and Croissant Overnight Casserole
This overnight dish is the perfect casserole to serve for a special morning celebration.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (12 oz.) Private Selection™ All Butter Mini Croissants, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare a 9”x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the croissants in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil, then add the peppers and onion. Sauté until tender, then crumble in the sausage and stir until cooked. Remove from heat and add the Parmesan, cheese, black pepper and green onions. Spread over the croissants.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, cream and eggs. Pour over the sausage mixture, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Bake for 50-60 minutes, covering with aluminum foil at the last 30 minutes, if desired. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.