Sausage Breakfast Calzones
These are great to serve for breakfast when you have company. Make the filling ahead of time, then stuff, bake, and eat!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 package (12 oz.) breakfast sausage links
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup bottled Alfredo sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Soften the pie crusts according to the package directions. Place both crusts, side by side, on a single cookie sheet; set aside.
- Cook the sausage links in large pan until browned and fully cooked. Drain on paper towels and cut into 1⁄2-inch slices. Drain pan but do not wipe out. Add butter and melt.
- Beat eggs with sour cream; add to pan with butter and cook until just barely set. Remove from heat and add Alfredo sauce, pepper, and seasoning.
- Stir in sausage and Havarti cheese. Divide mixture among the 2 pie crusts. Fold the crusts in half, covering filling. Crimp edges to seal cut vent holes in crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crusts are golden brown. Cut each calzone into 3 wedges to serve.