Sausage Fondue with Mustard Dip
Sausages and mustard are a classic combination. We use three different kinds of sausage for this fondue, but feel free to use your favorite varieties.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 frankfurter sausages, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 kielbasa sausages, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 spicy Italian sausages, cut into 2" pieces
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, honey, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Thaw the sausages if necessary and pat dry. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Add the oil to the fondue pot, making sure it is not more than half full. Heat the pot on a stove element over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, move the fondue pot to the table and set up the burner.
- Use small wire baskets or dipping forks to spear the sausages. Cook in the hot oil, turning occasionally, until they are browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels if desired. Serve with mustard sauce.