Sausage and Fruit Turnovers
These little turnovers are fun to make and eat. Sausage and fruit is a natural combination.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 lb. spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 pkg. (17 oz.) puff pastry dough
- In medium skillet, cook sausage with onion until sausage is browned, stirring to break up meat. Drain well and place in medium bowl. Add cranberries.
- Cut peaches into small pieces and add to sausage mixture along with cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll dough onto lightly floured surface and cut into four pieces. Pat each piece into a 6-inch square and place on two greased baking sheets.
- Divide pork mixture among squares. Fold one corner over to the opposite corner; seal edges with a fork. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until turnovers are golden brown. Serve immediately.