Sausage and Onion Quesadillas
For these quesadillas, cook pork sausage and onions in a skillet and season with paprika, cumin, and chili powder. Scoop the mixture onto flour tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, and bake.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In heavy skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and onion, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up sausage, about 5 to 7 minutes. When sausage is browned and onions are softened, drain off most of the fat. Sprinkle with seasonings and remove from heat.
- Lay four tortillas on work surface. Sprinkle each with shredded cheese and the sausage and onion mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Place on two cookie sheets and brush quesadillas with olive oil. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned. Cut into wedges and serve.