Sausage and Pepper Frittata
This dish of sausage, peppers, onions, and eggs goes well with fresh, crusty Italian bread. It can be served for brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 4 large red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk and cheese.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof skillet. Add the sausage and potatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the sausage and potatoes and cover. Continue cooking, turning the sausage and potatoes and stirring occasionally until the sausage is cooked and the potatoes are tender. Add the bell peppers, onions, and black pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir to mix.
- Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the egg is set.