A quiche is always an elegant lunch or dinner, and itʼs easy to make, too.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large saucepan, cook sausage, onion, and rosemary over medium heat, stirring to break up sausage, until pork is browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir sausage mixture into eggs. Sprinkle cheeses into pie shell and pour sausage mixture over. Bake for 30 minutes or until quiche is puffed and top begins to brown.
- Serve the quiche warm, topped with tomatoes.