Sausage and Rice Stuffing
This is an elegant alternative to traditional corn bread stuffing.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ tsp. canola oil, divided
- ½ lb. sausage meat
- ¼ cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a baking dish with ¼ teaspoon of canola oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining teaspoon of canola oil until shimmering. Add sausage and cook, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon until no longer pink. Off heat, stir in pecans, rosemary, rice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer rice mixture to the prepared baking dish, cover, and bake for 20–30 minutes, or until stuffing is warmed throughout.