Cheese, sausage, thyme, and some puff pastry make delicious little rolls that are perfect for breakfast on the run. Bake them ahead of time, freeze them, and then microwave each on high for 1–2 minutes until hot.
Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 24 pork breakfast sausage links
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, cook sausage links over medium heat until golden brown and cooked, about 5–7 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Unfold puff pastry sheet and place on a lightly floured surface. In a small bowl, combine cheeses and thyme and toss to combine. Sprinkle this mixture over puff pastry and gently press it into pastry; roll into a 12" × 18" rectangle. Cut into 3 (12" × 6") rectangles, then cut each rectangle in half to make 6 squares. Cut each square into 4 (3" × 3") squares. Place a cooked and drained sausage on the edge of each square and roll up to enclose sausage; press edges of pastry to seal.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with salt and brush over sausage rolls. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12–18 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve hot.