Sausage, Sage & Apple Stuffing
Sweet apples, savory sausage and fresh sage show off the highlights of the season in this easy-to-make holiday staple.
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth, Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth or Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1⁄2 Red Delicious apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm® Cornbread Stuffing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1⁄2 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Heat the broth, black pepper, celery, onion, sage and apples in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables and apples are tender.
- Add the sausage and stuffing and stir lightly to coat.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.
- Recipe Note: No room in the oven? Prepare the stuffing during the last few minutes of your turkey's roasting time, then pop it into the oven while you let the turkey rest before carving.