This strata holds up well in the fridge, so it’s a good choice when meal planning. You can prepare it on Sunday, put each serving in a plastic container in the fridge, and eat it for breakfast all week.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut in 2" cubes
- 12 oz. sugar-free breakfast sausage
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add bread cubes, breakfast sausage and Cheddar cheese.
- Pour mixture into a round or square baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges are brown and the center is set. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then cut into 12 squares and serve.