Sausage-Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Don’t let the tiny size of the peppers fool you! These over-stuffed peppers are bursting with cheese and spiced sausage.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Shredded 3 Cheese Blend, plus extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (reserve some for garnish if desired)
- 5.2 ounces Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Gournay Cheese
- 16 ounces bag mini sweet peppers or jalapeños (or combination of both)
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut peppers lengthwise, remove seeds and place in bowl. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and toss lightly to coat.
- Note: Before cutting peppers, lay pepper on side to determine which side will lay flat.
- Place peppers cut sides up on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for about 6-8 minutes to soften. Remove from oven to cool.
- While peppers are cooling, cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, breaking into crumbles with spoon, drain, set aside.
- Toast pine nuts in dry skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted. Mix 4 oz. cream cheese, garlic cheese and cheese blend together until combined.
- Add cheese mixture to cooled and crumbled sausage and mix well. Add pine nuts, reserving some for garnish if desired.
- Fill pepper halves and sprinkle with shredded cheese, place back in oven for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining pine nuts and serve.