Sausage Stuffing Balls with Cranberry Pear Sauce
Pack a feast of Thanksgiving flavor into one pint-size package with these sweet and savory meatballs.
- 1 package (14 oz.) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onion
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook sausage in medium pan, breaking up with spoon, stirring and cooking until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels, set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions, celery, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth and remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine stuffing mix and sausage. Pour onion mixture over and combine well. Cover with plastic wrap for 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray a sheet pan and roll stuffing into 1 or 2 inch balls. Place on sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes or until brown. While stuffing is baking prepare the sauce.
- In medium saucepan, combine whole berry cranberry sauce, ¼ cup wine and maple syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer about 5 minutes. Add chopped pears and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce along with stuffing balls.