These cookies cook a little longer to achieve a crisper texture. If you like them soft and chewy, take them out a minute or two sooner. If you like them thinner and flatter, use all butter rather than part shortening.
Makes: 40 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 40 cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 12 oz. milk chocolate, chopped in large chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and shortening until well blended. Beat in sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; blend well. Stir chocolate and nuts into dough.
- Form 1" balls; place on baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes.