Sautéed Brussels Sprouts and Banana Peppers
Banana peppers are sweet and tangy, which makes them the perfect pairing for Brussels sprouts.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large banana pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Stir in salt and black pepper. Add Brussels sprouts cut-side down in the pan. Cook undisturbed 5 minutes or until browned.
- Flip Brussels sprouts and add banana pepper and onion. Sauté 5 minutes or until softened.
- Pour chicken broth into the pan. Stir in cumin and paprika. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Serve immediately.