Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts will no longer be boring when they are spiced up with bacon and garlic. These are a great appetizer or side dish for any main meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 oz. uncured, nitrate-free bacon, diced
- Steam Brussels sprouts until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Sauté shallots and garlic until caramelized, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan. In the same pan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Add Brussels sprouts and shallot mixture to bacon and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.