Sautéed Cabbage, Kale, and Bacon
Cabbage comes in several varieties including green, red, and napa. For this recipe, you can use any type of cabbage you want. Cabbage newbies may want to go for green cabbage, which is milder in flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices sugar-free bacon
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 4 cups shredded kale, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon from heat and set aside. Allow to cool, then dice.
- Add chopped onion to hot bacon fat and sauté until onions are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add cabbage, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, buttermilk, and chopped bacon and toss to combine.