Sautéed Chicken Liver
For a nice (and sweet!) variation on this recipe, you can try using a fortified wine.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. chicken livers
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion 5 minutes until softened. Add chicken livers and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over livers and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with parsley.