Sautéed Chicken with Asparagus
Use medium-sized asparagus stalks if possible. The small stalks overcook too quickly and the larger stalks must be peeled to remove the fibrous skin.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast (5 oz.)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 oz. asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1½" pieces
- 1 tsp. chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes until golden brown. Turn the chicken and add the lemon zest, asparagus, tarragon, chives, and stock; bring to a simmer. Simmer until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 8 minutes.