Sautéed Garlic Green Beans
This dish is simple enough for you to prepare daily, and you’ll never tire of eating these beans, either straight from the pan or on a plate for dinner. For larger parties or holidays, double the recipe, but make the beans a pound at a time; they won’t cook perfectly if overcrowded in the pan.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat water in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add green beans and stir to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and drain beans into a large colander. Rinse beans under cold water.
- Return pan to medium heat, add oil and garlic, and cook, stirring, 1–2 minutes. Add beans and cook, stirring, just until tender, 2–3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with seasoning and pepper. Serve immediately.