Sautéed Kale and Red Wine Vinaigrette
Kale is higher in carbs than most greens but is a powerhouse when it comes to vitamins and nutrients, so the occasional tradeoff is well worth it.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. quality red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. kale
- Combine the olive oil, Dijon, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse the kale under cold, running water to remove any sand and grit hiding in the curly leaves. Pull off and discard the stems, and roughly chop the leaves.
- Place the kale, with just the water that clings to the leaves, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the kale wilts, about 5 minutes. Continue to cook until the leaves are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the olive oil mixture and stir to combine. Serve hot.