Savory Apple, Leek and Cheese Tart
Leeks pair with tart apples and nutty cheese for an appetizer that’s bursting with flavor.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek chopped, white parts only
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Stone ground mustard
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add leek, apple, thyme, salt and pepper; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Roll pastry into 10”x15” rectangle; cut into two 5”x15” rectangles. Transfer to large baking sheet. Score ¼” border around edges of each rectangle. Prick inside borders with fork.
- Within borders of each rectangle, spread 1 tablespoon mustard evenly. Top each with leek-apple mixture and cheese.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then cut into strips and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.