Savory Breakfast Hand Pies
Bacon and eggs don’t need to be reserved for weekends only. Prep these Savory Breakfast Hand Pies in advance, store them in the freezer and then reheat them later for a warm and wholesome weekday breakfast. Change up fillings as you like using sausage, sautéed mushrooms and peppers.
Serves: 6Prep: 35 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (15 oz.) Simple Truth™ Unroll & Bake Pie Crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 6 Simple Truth™ Cage Free Large Eggs, beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 4 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Finely Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat the butter or olive oil in a non-stick pan and pour in all but 1 tablespoon of the beaten eggs. The reserved egg will be used as an egg-wash. Cook the eggs over medium heat, stirring gently to scramble the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bacon and spinach to the warm eggs and cover for a minute or two to wilt the spinach. Stir in the cheese.
- Roll out the pie crusts and cut each into 6 triangles. Divide the filling among 6 of the triangles, brush edges with egg wash and top with the remaining 6 pastry triangles. Seal edges with a fork and brush with egg wash and place hand pies on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy warm. If you are making these in advance to freeze, be sure to cool them sufficiently before wrapping and freezing. Reheat in the microwave or in the toaster oven.