Savory Challah Stuffing Cups
Here’s a twist on serving traditional stuffing—individual portions! Place these little cups alongside your other favorite side dishes.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium apple, peeled and cut up (½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (such as sage, parsley or thyme), chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed challah (½” cubes)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a 10” skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in apple, apricots, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes with onion mixture until evenly coated. In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and egg. Stir into bread mixture until bread has absorbed egg mixture. (If stuffing seems dry, add a little more broth.)
- Spoon about one-third cup stuffing into muffin cups, pressing lightly. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is set. Run knife around edge of stuffing. Carefully remove from pan to serving plate.