Savory Cheddar Bread Casserole
This casserole boasts delicate custard on the bottom and crunchy bread on the top – with the rich, tart flavor of sharp cheddar throughout.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 teaspoons Private Selection™ Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 loaf (8 oz.) Private Selection™ Rustic Bread, cut into 1” cubes
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground Private Selection™ Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 2-quart baking pan with olive oil. Place the bread cubes in the dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the cream, cheese, onion and pepper to the bowl. Stir well. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes. Bake for 25 minutes, or until eggs are set and bread is browned.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and garnish with parsley.