Savory Chicken Spread
You can use leftover roast chicken or turkey for an excellent substitution. This works nicely as a canapé, a stuffing for celery, or a spread for tea sandwiches.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups cooked white or dark chicken
- 2 shallots, peeled
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise (not low fat)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, thinly sliced
- ½ cup arugula
- ¼ cup mixed olives
- Place chicken, shallots, mayonnaise, mustard, and seasonings in a food processor and whirl until coarsely blended. Scrape into an attractive bowl and chill 2 hours. Serve on slices of bread, topped with arugula and olives.