Savory Coconut Flour Popovers
Popovers are a cross between muffins and pancakes, in a baked form. This savory bread is easy to make and very attractive when taken right from the oven to the table for dinner. Serve them with butter or coconut oil and jam.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a popover pan or muffin tin in the oven while it’s preheating to get it very hot.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, sea salt, and coconut flour until bubbly. You don’t want to break up the protein in the eggs too much.
- When the oven has reached the correct temperature, carefully remove the popover pan with oven mitts. Grease the wells with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the pan two-thirds with batter. Place it in the oven immediately and bake for a full 25 minutes without opening the oven door.
- Remove the pan from the oven after 25 minutes and prick the popovers with a sharp knife in the middle to allow the steam to escape. Allow the popovers to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve hot.