Savory Fish Stew
This stew is fresh and easy with a whole lot of flavor. The recipe calls for halibut, but just about any meaty white fish will do.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. clam juice
- 1 lb. halibut fillets, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions for 2–3 minutes. Add wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape the pan to loosen small bits of onion.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3–4 minutes, then add broth and clam juice to the pan. Season fish with pepper. Place fish in the pan and cook for 5–6 minutes until opaque. Top with cilantro and serve.