Savory Fish Stew
This stew is fresh and easy with a whole lot of flavor. The recipe calls for halibut, but just about any meaty white fish will do.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. clam juice
- 1 lb. halibut fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape the pan to loosen small bits of onion.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then add broth and clam juice to the pan. Season fish with pepper. Place fish in the pan and cook for 5–6 minutes until opaque. Top with cilantro and serve.