Savory Grilled Steaks
Marinating steaks adds to their flavor and helps tenderize the meat by breaking down fibers with acidic ingredients.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 sirloin steaks (6 oz. each)
- In large zip-top, heavy-duty food storage bag, combine all ingredients except steaks; seal and knead to blend. Add steaks and turn to coat. Place bag in glass bowl; refrigerate 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, prepare and preheat grill.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steaks 6 inches from medium coals 4 to 8 minutes on each side, until food thermometer registers at least 145°F, turning once.
- Remove steaks from grill and cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.