Savory Herb Muffins
These little muffins are delicious served with soup for lunch on a cold day.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 5 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper liners into 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, egg whites, canola oil, all the herbs, Parmesan, and cornmeal, and mix well until combined. Add flours, baking powder and baking soda and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2⁄3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are light golden brown and set. Remove from muffin cups and serve warm.