Savory Italian Fondue
Feel free to hold the bread underneath the dipped vegetables to catch any excess sauce. Then, enjoy the sauce-laden bread!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz. anchovies, drained and separated
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp. cream
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 anise bulb, cut into slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 very small zucchini, trimmed
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic. Cook on low heat for a few minutes, and then add the anchovies. Continue to cook on low heat, gently mashing the anchovies and mixing together with the garlic. Add the melted butter. Stir in the cream.
- Transfer the anchovy sauce to a fondue pot and set on the burner. Serve with vegetables and bread for dipping.