Savory Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup is fine any time of year. You can always use canned pumpkin, which is very good and easier than peeling and cooking fresh pumpkin. Be sure to buy unsweetened and unflavored pumpkin so that you don’t end up with soup tasting like pumpkin pie!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. dried sage or 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puréed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 oz. Prosciutto, sliced in strips
- Melt the butter large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, wine, sage, oregano, pumpkin, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer the soup for 10 minutes. Puree in a blender until smooth. Top with scallions and Prosciutto and serve hot.