Savory Quinoa Granola
This granola is savory, crunchy, and a little bit sweet; perfect for sprinkling over your salad for additional crunch and nutrients.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄8 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined coconut oil, liquefied
- 1⁄4 cup dried orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, walnuts, and salt. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk molasses and juice. Add oil, zest, and flaxseeds and stir until combined. Stir molasses mixture into oats mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread granola onto baking sheet in one thin layer. Bake 10 minutes. Remove tray from oven, stir granola and return to oven for 10 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding dried cherries.