Savory Rice with Portobello Mushrooms
This simple side dish goes very nicely with chicken or other poultry. You can replace the white rice with cooked brown rice for a healthier version.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz. Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Heat the butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion. Sauté the onions for 2 minutes, then add the portobello mushrooms.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes until the onion is softened (turn down the heat to medium if the onion is cooking too quickly). Stir in the dried parsley, oregano, and salt while the onion is cooking.
- Combine the mushrooms and onion with the rice. Fluff with a fork and serve hot.