Savory Scrambled Eggs
For extra flavor, stir in 2 tablespoons of sweet salsa just before removing the scrambled eggs from the pan.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1⁄2 tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- Break the eggs into a small bowl. Add the milk, salt and pepper. Beat until the eggs are an even color throughout.
- In a small frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add the tomato and onion. Cook until the tomato is tender but still firm (about 3 to 5 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside. Clean the pan.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the pan on low heat. Turn up the heat to medium-low and add the eggs.
- Cook the eggs, using a spatula to turn sections of the egg from time to time so that the uncooked egg on top flows underneath. Adjust the heat as needed to cook the eggs.
- When the eggs are nearly cooked (about 6 minutes), return the tomato and red onion to the pan. Cook the scrambled eggs until they are firm but still a bit moist (about 2 more minutes). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.