Savory Scrambled Eggs
For extra flavor, stir in 2 tablespoons of sweet salsa just before removing the scrambled eggs from the pan.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- ½ tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- Break the eggs into a small bowl. Add the milk, salt and pepper. Beat until the eggs are an even color throughout.
- In a small frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add the tomato and onion. Cook until the tomato is tender but still firm (about 3–5 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside. Clean the pan.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the pan on low heat. Turn up the heat to medium-low and add the eggs.
- Cook the eggs, using a spatula to turn sections of the egg from time to time so that the uncooked egg on top flows underneath. Adjust the heat as needed to cook the eggs.
- When the eggs are nearly cooked (about 6 minutes), return the tomato and red onion to the pan. Cook the scrambled eggs until they are firm but still a bit moist (about 2 more minutes). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.