Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
A lovely appetizer or light nosh, these salt-free stuffed mushrooms have a crisp and tasty breading that’s so good, they’ll be gone before you know it. Use white button or baby bella mushrooms.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 oz. fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with oil and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and gently remove stems, taking care to leave the caps intact. Set caps aside.
- Place the mushroom stems in a food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Pulse several times to finely chop and combine the mixture.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Mushrooms can be served warm or at room temperature.