This version of succotash may not be traditional, but the extra flavor gained by roasting the vegetables coupled with the addition of fresh herbs make for a delicious side.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen corn kernels
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen lima beans
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a 9" × 13" casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Combine the corn, lima beans, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil together in the prepared casserole dish.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables heat through and begin to color, about 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion, thyme, and salt; cook until the onion softens and just begins to caramelize, about 10–15 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the onions and parsley just before serving.