Savory Tomato and Goat Cheese Crostini
Tomatoes, goat cheese, sourdough and balsamic vinegar make a flavorful and savory combination that's always a hit! Whip up this recipe for an easy, delicious snack. You and any guests will be coming back for seconds!
- 1 loaf fresh sourdough bread
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Fresh garlic, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- 3 cups cherry and grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the entire sourdough loaf into sections about ½” thick.
- Lightly brush each side of the bread slices with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Cut some fresh garlic and rub the sliced clove against the bread slices for some extra flavor.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place each slice of bread across the surface. Set aside.
- Slice the cherry and grape tomatoes in half while the oven is preheating.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and toss them in the extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Switch the oven to broil. Transfer the tomatoes to a foil-lined cooking sheet and broil for 12-15 minutes until they're simmering and slightly browned.
- Place the slices of bread in the oven when the tomatoes are done. Broil for 10-12 minutes until they're crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool into a crisp crostini base.
- Spread a light layer of goat cheese on the crostini and top that with a scoop of warm tomatoes.
- Slice fresh basil. Top the crostini with the basil.
- Lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar over the crostini for extra flavor.
- Serve warm.