Savory Zucchini Chia Muffins
Serve these flavorful muffins with grilled fish or chicken, along with a spinach salad, for a nice dinner.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated zucchini, drained
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup chia seeds, finely ground
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- ¼ cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine olive oil, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place in large mixing bowl. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in canola oil, buttermilk, eggs, and zucchini and mix well. Add flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds, rosemary, and parsley and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in cheese and pepper.
- Fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and set. Remove from cups and serve immediately.