“Sazón” Sweet Potatoes
The secret to great tasting food is in the seasoning. A simple blend of spices turn these roasted sweet potatoes into a flavorful side that pairs with any main course.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ounces olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine sweet potatoes, spices, salt, bay leaves and 1 ounce of olive oil.
- On non-stick sheet, arrange sweet potatoes evenly; bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove when sweet potatoes are fork tender and golden-brown.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of fresh lime, green onion and remaining olive oil.